- “Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access;
- “Process”, in relation to Personal Data, means: (i) to carry out any operation or set of operations in relation to the Personal Data, and includes recording, holding, organisation, adaptation/alteration, retrieval, combination, transmission or erasure/ destruction; and (ii) copy, use, access, display, run, store review, manage, modify, transform, translate, extract components into another work, integrate or incorporate as part of a derivative work, and (iii) to permit others to do (i) and (ii). “Processing” shall have the corresponding meaning as a verb for the same.
- “Disclose” means to disclose, forward, communicate, transmit, transfer, export, supply, provide, show, display, exhibit, grant access to, and enable or facilitate the receipt of personal data. “Disclosure” shall have the corresponding meaning as a noun for the same.
Collection of Personal Data
Menarini understands the importance of protecting your Personal Data. Menarini may collect Personal Data from you by asking specific questions or allowing you to communicate directly with us via e-mail, surveys, questionnaires, feedback forms or the provision of testimonials.
Menarini may also collect information about your visits to our Web site, including your Personal Data, without you submitting any such Personal Data directly to us. As you navigate through a Web site, information may be collected using technological means such as cookies, tags, web beacons and other navigational data collection tools.
Cookies are small text files that this Web site sends to your computer’s hard drive to identify the computer you are using. Tags are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the Internet Protocol address and the browser types related to your computer. Web beacons are usually invisible to the user but are embedded in a web page or email that tracks whether a user has viewed a web page or email. Other navigational data collection tools are used for system management, to improve the Content of the Web site, and for market research purposes.
Use and Process of Personal Data
Menarini may use and Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To post your testimonial on this Web site;
- To provide you with information about Dermatix or scar treatment upon your request;
- To inform you of upcoming educational events; and
- Other related purposes in relation to data analytics, research activities and marketing of Menarini’s products and/or services to you
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Menarini may disclose and transfer your Personal Data, including transfer to foreign jurisdictions:
- To third parties:
(i) for the rendering of services or conduct of legitimate business activity related to this Web Site;
(ii) to respond to your requests for customer service;
(iii) to protect and enforce our rights, property or personal safety; and/or
(iv) wherever (and to the extent) permitted or not prohibited by applicable law.
- To our successors-in-title, prospective sellers or buyers of any part or the whole of our business, in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of any part or the whole of our business.
Note: Transfer of data may include transfers to territories where our networks or third party hosting providers’ networks are located.
Care of Personal Data
Menarini will make a reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Data collected by or on our behalf is accurate and complete. Menarini will make a reasonable effort to protect Personal Data in our possession or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, please be aware that the Internet is not a completely secure or error-free environment. Menarini cannot fully guarantee:
- the confidentiality of any Personal Data you submit to us over the Internet;
- that unauthorized persons will not view your Personal Data or emails; or
- that your Personal Data will not be altered, corrupted or destroyed by third party circumvention of our reasonable security measures that have been in place to safeguard your Personal Data.
We urge you to minimize security risks by regularly updating your antivirus software.
Access to Personal Data
You may request in writing for us to provide you with:
- your Personal Data that is in Menarini’s possession or control; and
- information about the ways in which your Personal Data has been or may have been used by Menarini within a year before the date of your written request, and Menarini will exercise reasonable endeavours to fulfil such requests subject to applicable law. Any request for access to Personal Data pursuant to this clause shall be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out below.
Update and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request in writing for Menarini to update your Personal Data or to correct an error or omission in your Personal Data that is in our possession or control. Unless Menarini is satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should not be made, we will exercise reasonable endeavours to make such correction as soon as practicable, and send the corrected Personal Data to organisations to which the Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made (where applicable). Any request for update or correction of Personal Data pursuant to this clause shall be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out below.
Retention of Personal Data
Menarini may need to retain such records containing your Personal Data as may be necessary or desirable to comply with applicable law or regulation, and to retain such information as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected are still being served and retention is necessary for Menarini’s legal or business purposes, including to address disputes or establish our rights (whether such disputes or matters have arisen, or could arise in the future).
Withdrawal of Consent
Third Party Web sites
Regional Associate Brand Manager